Site Navigation

Chicago Divorce & Family Attorneys
Cook County Family Lawyers

Request Your Free Consultation

Alsip Parental Relocation

Your Alsip Child Relocation Lawyer

child relocation 300x200 Alsip Parental RelocationAs a parent, spending quality time with your child is one of the most important things in your life. However, when parents no longer share a family home, getting the time with your children that you deserve can be a challenge. However, when you or the other parent decides to relocate, either for personal or professional reasons, and wants to take the children with them, then it will be up to the court to determine what is in the best interests of the child.

Call Davis & Associates at (312) 548-1528 for a Free Consultation!

You Wish To Relocate With Your Child

Ichild relocation court 300x169 Alsip Parental Relocationf you are the primary residential guardian, and wish to relocate with your child, then there is a process that must be followed. Simply leaving with your child is not acceptable, and could lead to further legal complications that would be in your best interest to avoid.

If you plan to relocate less than 25 miles from your current location, then you are free to do so without any type of court approval. Some counties will allow for relocation up to 50 miles, so it is best to speak with a local Child Relocation Lawyer who can review your proposed relocation and guide you on what legal steps need to be taken, if any.

The Other Parent Wishes to Relocate with Your Child

relocate with child 300x200 Alsip Parental RelocationIf the other parent is the primary residential guardian, then they have the same rights and limitations that you would regarding child relocation. If they are wishing to move further than the approved distance set forth by their local laws, they will need to petition the court for permission to take your child or children with them when they relocate.

It is important to note that even though they currently have primary residential guardian status, they still may not get approval to relocate with your child. The court will take many different factors into consideration when making the determination, such as the child’s current living condition, educational opportunities and involvement, and the opportunities available after the proposed relocation. If the other parent wishes to relocate, and you believe that it would not be in the best interests of your child, then it is important for you to contact an experienced Child Relocation Attorney. Davis & Associates can assist you with making a case for why your child should not relocate, and may be able to get you primary residential guardianship.

Free Consultation with Experienced Child Relocation Lawyer

Davis Logo 300x96 Alsip Parental RelocationIf you would like to relocate with your child, or would like to prevent the other parent from relocating with your child, then reach out to our Alsip relocation attorneys and we will discuss the options available to you and how we can work together.

Call Davis & Associates at (312) 548-1528 for a Free Consultation!